Gluten intolerance is part of the celiac diet and it is much more than just gluten intolerance. We can understand this in other ways as well. By consuming gluten-rich foods, symptoms of Celiac disease can easily get triggered. So, all the patients of CD suffer from gluten intolerance and by following a gluten-free diet it is possible to prevent almost all symptoms of CD.
Gluten Intolerance: Foods Should Be Avoided
When patients suffer from the CD they should be very careful about their diet. They should start avoiding foods containing gluten and even if the food has minimal amount it should be avoided. Wheat, rye, barley should be completely avoided. By removing foods containing gluten from their diet, they can stop experiencing all kinds of symptoms related to CD.
By following the right diet, CD patients can heal and improve their health along with avoiding all the symptoms. Hence diet is the critical part and that is the only way they have to cure this disease. When they follow a gluten-free diet, they will start experiencing benefits and they can heal the damages that occurred to their intestine when the diet is followed on a regular basis.
What To Eat?
There are some foods that are gluten-free and they can be added to the diet list of patients suffering from CD. Some of them are fruits, fish, meat, vegetables, potatoes, and rice. These foods should be chosen so that they do not contain any additives. You should be very keen on the preparation of the food as well along with the ingredients. Foods that come with seasonings should be looked in very carefully.
Even if the seasoning contains gluten in minimal amounts, then such foods should be completely avoided. CD patients should also look at the labels when they are buying store foods. They all should be gluten-free. It is better to avoid processed foods since they may contain contaminated gluten.
Earlier experts were saying even oats should be avoided by people suffering from gluten. But, today, it is found that oats can be consumed in moderate amounts. It is better to consume oats without gluten or gluten-free oats. Here are a few tips for people suffering from CD.
- Always read food labels especially when you are buying frozen, canned, and processed foods. Look at the ingredients and make sure it doesn’t contain gluten
- Even when they visit some restaurants, they should make sure they are eating gluten-free foods
- Even when the food is labeled gluten-free they should make sure that it is not processed. Sometimes the methods of processing can easily induce gluten
- Always look for professionals, experts, and groups which help you in suggesting right foods and best diet plans as soon as you diagnosed with CD
- Keep in mind that there is no proper cure other than gluten-free for CD and it is very important to follow the diet
Gluten Intolerance: Final Thoughts
Every health condition has one or other solutions and for CD gluten-free diet is the only solution. By following this celiac disease diet, it is possible to come out of most of the symptoms and cure all issues related to CD.